Monday, March 30, 2009

The Worst Fishing Trip EVER

I've been wanting to go fishing for about a year now so Lance and I decided Sunday would be a good day to go. So Lance got the boat ready and I got Alli all packed up and we headed to Farmerville. We dropped Alli off at Gigi and Pops and headed to catch some fish, and spend some time together. Well on our way to the launch the ice chest flies out of the boat. That should have been our sign to head back to the house, but we decided to keep going. Once we got to the launch, Lance noticed it was a different one than he was used to but had faith that I could back the trailer up so he could get the boat in the water. Now, I have never pulled a trailer, much less backed one up. But what the heck, it can't be that hard, right? Well I backed him and up and after about 10 minutes pulled him back on the ramp because I couldn't do it. And did I mention there was a crowd watching the whole time!!! Lance made the comment that we were just going to head home, but I insisted we go fishing. So we tried it again and I was successful. Except for flooding my vehicle!! Yes, I drive a 4runner and that's what we were pulling the boat with. I had to back far into the water to get Lance out there. I thought he was watching to make sure the water didn't get too high, but I have no idea why I thought that. I yelled that the car was filling up with water and I put the 4runner in gear and sped away. I opened the driver side door and water pored out of the vehicle. It was quite a show for the spectators!! So by this time we decided we would fish since we had the boat in the water. So Lance caught one fish and I was getting aggravated because I hadn't had a bit. If you didn't know, I get very competitive in situations like this. Right before we decided to leave Lance asked why my fishing pole was going in the water, and I replied "I got a fish"!!! And it was a big one!! So Lance took my pole so I could get the net, and then he broke the news to me, I was just hung on a log!! I don't know why this disappointed me, because every time I go fishing, I get hung up and Lance has to fix it! So while he was doing that the current drifted us into 2 huge trees. Now I don't know about you but when I think of trees in a lake, snakes, bugs, and other critters comes to mind and I don't like it. So I freaked. Lance leaped into the drivers seat to get us out of there and somewhere in the leap, he lost his shoe. I noticed it floating in the water when he sat down!!! After getting unstuck, we went to look for the long lost shoe, but we had no luck, so we finally decided it was time to leave!! When we got to the launch Lance went to the car to back it down. I made him take off his one shoe and walk in his socks. I would have been so embarrassed if people saw him with only one shoe!! I did a much better job loading the boat and we were out of there. So after all that we had a soaking wet car (only on the drivers side), the back window would not roll down, the back door wouldn't open, smoke was coming out of the tail pipe, and worst of all, I didn't have my camera to document the day!!

We decided only to pond fish from now on!!

Here are some recent pictures though!

2 comments:

Stormie's Mommy said...

Boy that sounds like ya'll had a bad time! Better luck next time. Love Alli's new shades

Hannah Lee said...

That sounds terrible. I think one of the first times Nick and I got out after Jackson was born it paned out pretty bad as well. Nothing as bad as that. Atleast yall were together and you were alive...;) Love ya!