Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Update

It has been entirely too long since my last post. My little Alli is growing so fast. We went to the doctor today and she weighs 9 lbs!! Speaking of Doctor, we have been to the doctor 3 times in less than a week!! Last week we went for her 1 month check up and the doctor noticed how fast she was breathing, 95 breaths a minute!! So we went to get x-rays and make sure she didn't have rsv. After those came back fine, we were sent to the ENT doctor and found out she has trachiomalasia, which means she has a floppy esophagus and acid reflux. This is why she grunts so much, breaths hard, and sounds like a squeak to when she cries. So from now on I will call the doctor when I think something is wrong. So we left the doctors office and put Alli on Zantac for her acid reflux and when she is fed from a bottle, we were to put rice cereal in it (I only feed her with a bottle at night). Well it wasn't even a day and Alli was constipated. So Monday I called the doctor and was told to put a little prune juice in her morning bottle. We stayed with tink that night and didn't get any sleep. She grunted all night long and was breathing hard. Tinker finally realized why I am still so exhausted and have to take a nap everyday. Last night was yet another bad night for us, Lance usually sleeps through everything, but he wasn't able to sleep at all. Welcome to my world is what I wanted to say, but I decided I would be nice! Once I did get up this morning, Alli's eye was closed shut with green gunk. So we went to the doctor and found out that her tear duct does not drain correctly, like cousin Noah's. She also told us to get off rice cereal and just feed her breast milk because we don't want to make her more constipated. Also, instead of prune juice, we are doing pear juice. I sure hope this helps us have a better night. I go back to work in about a week, and I won't be able to make it with no sleep.
On the other hand we are thinking about seeing another doctor for a second opinion for her diagnosis. It would make me feel a little better!!




Here is the little chunker!

Alli's first, and only nap in her big girl bed!!

Alli at her one month check up.

Aunt Katie and Alli. She was in her pretty little dress from Cousin Noah.

4 comments:

Denise Darnell Davis said...

Hey Jamie,

I'm going through the same thing with Anna. We are now on Prevacid and had to have it compounded (only comes in a pill) and have to put ceral in all of her bottles along with apple prune juice to keep her from getting constipated also! Anna sounds like a pig squeaking when she eats...its actually hilarious when people hear her! We tried going without the medicine and cereal but it just didn't work...she never had any spitting up issues just loud and miserable after each bottle...I got no sleep!!

The good thing I can tell you is that all of this has helped her and within a week she is almost sleeping all night!!!! I do hope and pray it gets better for you b/c I have been there and know you must be miserable!!

Best wishes!!
Denise

Avery's Mommy said...

she is such a cutie....

sorry for all the problems :( I'll be praying for her

Chris, Jana, Noah and Porter said...

Miss Priss is getting so big. She will be spoiled rotten at Dorothys. Let me know if I can do anything to help out!

Heather Patterson said...

Poor lil' thing! I saw ya'll at the doctors office leaving... I was in the well baby room waiting on a weight check. My sweet 2 week old weighs more than Alli! He gained in a week 1lb and 3oz! He's 9lbs and 3oz as of yesterday! Let me know if you need anything. I'm just around the corner!

Heather