Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Changes at the Hancocks

I knew my life was going to change when I had Alli, but I had NO idea just how much it would change. When people ask me how everything is and if it is what I thought it would be, I usually respond by saying it is the hardest thing I have ever done, yet the most rewarding! Alli has blessed my life so much more than I ever imagined. I am so glad God blessed me with a wonderful child like Alli. Every time things don't go the way I planned, I am reminded that it's not that bad, and I am still blessed to have a wonderful family.
Conversations around our house have also changed. They went from discussing dinner plans and such to talking about Alli's bowel movements (for those of you who don't know, we've had problems with them). When Lance and I had our first date I tried not to talk about the baby because I knew we needed our time. However, that's all we talked about and still talk about. I ask all the time what we used to talk about before we had Alli, and we have no idea!

I started back to work on Monday and to tell you the truth, I was dreading coming back to work more than dropping Alli off at daycare. I knew I would have a ton of stuff to catch up on, but to my surprise, I was caught up by noon on Tuesday. And it is nice to have grown up interaction. Oh wow, that's the first time I considered myself a grown up! Alli is going to Mrs. Dorothy's house for daycare (school),where Noah goes, and I have not once questioned whether she was capable of taking on the challenge. I trust her 110%, and so does Lance. She has been wonderful and tells me how Alli only cries when she is hungry!!
First day of "school"
Second day of "School"
Last weekend Lance and I had a date night and planned having Jana keep Alli all night. Lance didn't want Alli to stay anywhere but with us, but I told him unless he was getting up to feed her during the night, she was staying with cousin Noah. He quickly went along with the plans! So I called to check on Alli about 2 hours after we dropped her off and I learned she was doing well. She was falling in love with Uncle Chris and smiling a lot at him. So I left my phone in the car because I felt like everything was under control. Well Lance and I noticed we both had a msg from Jana asking us to call her ASAP! When I called Alli was crying hysterically! So we went ahead and picked her up to go home with us. When Alli cries it sounds like she can't breath, due to the tracheomalasia, and Jana did not like that! Jana said the whole time Alli cried, Noah mocked her!!! I think that is hilarious! She quickly realized she did not want another child yet! She told Dorothy what happened and had her kind of scared thinking Alli was going to act like that! Jana is a great mom, which I knew before, but even more know that I have a child.
Same goes for my mothers!


Here are some new pictures!
First try with the bumbo
Second tryThird time's a charm!! She began watching tv in this picture.Baby Noah attacking the sheep while taking Easter pictures.
Alli slept through the picture taking.Alli's 1st Easter
Aunt Nannie made her cute little dress!Noah secretly loves his cousin. I promise!Easter goodiesLook at the hair. I think she is going to have Hancock hair!Monkey loves her bathtime
















4 comments:

Heather Patterson said...

LOVE it! She is ADORABLE!! Jarod and I are going "out" Saturday night and leaving Tucker here at home w/my parents. Should be interesting. I'm a little nervous but he does well with my Mom. Anyways, maybe soon we'll get to meet your lil' Princess! :)

Denise Darnell Davis said...

Alli is precious! I love the dress your sister made for her!

Avery's Mommy said...

I am totally w/ ya on talking poop, Avery had so many problems that Charlie would call me at work JUST to tell me she pooped and I would be at my desk squealing with excitement...lol.... i really CAN'T remember what we talked about or where we went or what a full nights sleep felt like before Avery.

It is the best thing EVER :)

Unknown said...

I miss y'all!!! We need to come see Alli again soon.