Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How much longer???

I just don't understand why Alli wants to torture me another week! I am only kidding, but yes, it will be at least another week before we get to meet Miss Alli Posey Hancock. I think she gets this stubbornness from her daddy, because if she took after her mommy, she would already be here (that's what I tell Lance :)). I went to see Dr. Mc yesterday and he was sad to say that we had not progressed anymore, still at 1 centimeter plus some. So I asked the question if he thought there was anyway she could come early, meaning did he think she would be early. He began talking about inducing if I had not had her by next Tuesday (week 39). So I was very shocked because he wouldn't talk about inducing my friends until they reached their due date. He has been saying for a while now that she is going to be a small baby, but when he felt her yesterday he made the comment "You're baby is almost the size of you"! I was not surprised, but I think he would rather have her a little early so she's not so big. I have been saying all alone that she was going to be a chunk!! So Lance and I have some thinking to do. We have always said that we didn't want to be induced for the "convenience" but Jana kept telling me "wait til your 9 months pregnant" and she was right. So pray that we will have her this week so we don't have to make that decision. Dr. Mc said it is very possible for us to have her before next Tuesday, so lets hope so!!
On to other news, her room is finished. Well I say that, we do have to hang 3 things on the wall and wait on the chair to come in, but other than that, we are just waiting on Alli to make her appearance!! Jana got me organized these past two days and all her clothes are washed and ready!! Lance and I love to go in there and look around and talk about what we can't wait for. Last night we sat in there in the dark watching her mobile!! I know, we have no idea what's in store us!!

I am leaving you with a picture of the tutu table Jana and I made for Alli's room. It is absolutely precious. Jana has a better picture of it on her blog at chrisandjana.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

Mallory said...

she'll be here before you know it! then you'll be able to spoil her rotten =)

Avery's Mommy said...

what a cute table. i remember sitting in avery's room doing the same thing for weeks! it made me smile thinking about it!

i'll be praying that she'll come...go take a nice, long walk!

The Perkins said...

I can't wait to meet Miss Alli. She's going to be so precious. I know you are so ready for her! I on the other hand and I'm not even close to ready for my sweet girl to make her appearance. So much left to do! Good luck this week and I hope that you have her soon! Love you!!!