Thursday, February 19, 2009

Little Miss Piggie

That would be me!! I thought I was ready before but the bigger I get, the more uncomfortable I feel. My feet really didn't swell much until yesterday. Now I wake up with sore feet and instead of walking, I waddle!! I think it's funny and my sister gets a kick out of it. You should see me when I try to walk fast! Every morning Lance asks me "Is today the day"? I sweetly say, NO!! I know it's going to happen when she's ready, blah, blah, blah!! I went to my 37th week check up on Tuesday and I have dilated one centimeter plus some!! I was very happy to hear that, but I know not to get my hopes up because I may not progress anymore. We will just have to keep our fingers crossed for next week.
We FINALLY have a dresser in Alli's room!! I thought this day would never come. We ordered one and it was delivered in 4 days. It took Lance about 5 hours to put it together! I promised that I would never make him put together anything else. While he was working on the dresser, Jana and I were making the curtains a little more girly. (Side note: Alli's bedding is paisley, but I didn't want her room to be all pink. So I bought some green curtains that matched her bedding. Then to bring in some more paisley, I ordered fabric that matched and had Jana dress them up). It didn't take Lance long to break out the power tools while putting it together. Jana and I cracked up listening to him using it, it definitely didn't call for "power" tools. After he finished, we went straight to filling it up with clothes. I had so much fun organizing her little room. Everyday Lance makes a trip to her room to make sure he knows where the important things are. I think it's so cute. Her room is finished, except for hanging a few things on the wall. Hopefully we can take care of that this weekend. I was hoping I could put Pops on that, because I know he would do a great job at it!! Hint, Hint!!
The curtain rod has a hot pink diamond on the end with a little bit of pink boa! Mom saw it in a store and knew I would love it!
I have my last shower this Sunday in Shreveport, then off Monday and Tuesday for Mardi Gras!!! I can't wait! I hope you all have a great week and if something happens, look at Jana's blog. I am sure she will keep you all posted better than I will!!

5 comments:

theglenns556 said...

I LOVE her room! It looks so much like what I picked out for a little girl! I can't believe it is almost time!!! YAY for you!!!

Hannah Lee said...

AHH! Hurry Up Alli! Jackson wants to play! You are soo dang cute Jaime! Can't wait to hold that precious baby! I know you sure can't wait either!

Avery's Mommy said...

omg love the curtains and the dresser. Now you're just waiting on the BABY! how big is she measuring?

The Perkins said...

I LOVE the curtains, they are super cute. You guys did a really good job! I can't wait to meet Alli. Anytime now :)

Sarah Duke said...

Yay for a new dresser and dilating! I know you are so ready and I'm so happy and ready for you! Good luck with everything and know you in my prayers.