Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am so ready for my Thanksgiving Break! Lance and I are traveling to Shreveport tomorrow afternoon to have Thanksgiving with his dad and Felicia. So I am going to make the corn casserole and green bean casserole tonight with help from the lovely Tinker and Aunt Boo. I have been looking for a good corn casserole recipe for two days and I couldn't find one I liked. So when all else fails, what do you do? Well I call mom!! She offered to come up tonight to help me cook and it works out great because Lance is going hunting in Tensas this afternoon. So instead of me being home alone, I will have visitors. Maybe I can talk Noah's mommy into bringing him by since I won't get to see him (and Jana) until Thursday afternoon. Jana seems to think that when you have a child no one wants to see you anymore, they just want to see the child. But I have to disagree with that because I still want to see Jana all the time! The best part of that is that I do see her EVERYDAY, since we are blessed to be able to work on campus together. I love my sisters!

For an update on the pregnancy, there is no question that I am pregnant! When I found out that we were having a girl, I didn't feel like I looked that pregnant, but it seems like over a weeks period I ballooned!! After we moved in the house and got somewhat settled, she decided to have a growth spurt, or I decided sugar was my best friend! Either way, I have gained a total of 12 pounds, 7 of those 12 were gained this last month!! I told Mr. Mc that I had been walking 20 to 30 minutes 4-5 days a week and that it shocks me to know that I gained THAT much!! But he said that it was not a big deal at all as long as I didn't gain 7 pounds each month and that I could watch my sugar to make sure that doesn't happen. As soon as I got out of my appointment I called Jana because I didn't think I was eating that much sugar. But I guess having an ice cream sandwich at lunch was not helping the situation at all!! But Alli is growing and still moving all the time which is great. I think she is weighing in around 1lb and a half! (In the picture I was at the end of my 24 weeks. Since then, I have retired my favorite t-shirt!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Chris, Jana, Noah and Porter said...

Awe, we love you too lil' Jay!

The Perkins said...

Yay for Jay!! You are just too cute!! Don't worry, you look beautiful!!! Miss you and love you!!

Unknown said...

I hope your casseroles turns out well, and I hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving!

Tinker said...

I enjoyed cooking with you, you will always be our little Jay. I love you,