Wednesday, September 24, 2008

16 Week Visit

Lance and I went to our 16 week Doctor's apt yesterday and got to see the baby! We first heard the heartbeat and it sounded a lot better than the first time, so I was relieved. Then I mentioned to Dr. McWhorter that I wanted to make sure there was only 1 baby in the belly. So he went and got his handheld ultrasound machine and we looked at the baby. It was so weird to see it moving, but not feeling a thing. He said I should start feeling the baby move in the next week or two. At first he said the baby was real active, then when we tried to get a sneak peak of the sex, he couldn't get the baby to move, and said it was pretty laid back. So I can't tell if it's going to be a laid back baby like Lance or always on the go like me! It was a great visit and Lance was really surprised by the way the baby had grown. The internet says the baby is the size of an avocado.
We scheduled the sonogram for October 21st and it will also be our 20 week check up. Hopefully the baby will let us see what it is!!
I will definitely keep everyone updated!!

3 comments:

About Miranda said...

Hey Jamie!
I was just thinking about you the other day and then saw on Hannah's blog that you and Lance were gonna have a baby and then I found your blog. Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!!
-Miranda

Hannah Lee said...

Jamie, I love the new blog look! It is so cute. Can't wait to hear about Baby Hancock! Love you girl and think about you all the time!

Denise Darnell Davis said...

Hey Jamie!
I just found your blog on Nicki Glenn's page...looks like I am about two weeks ahead of you in the baby department! You can go see all the details on our blog www.theitalianseed.blogspot.com (which really needs to be updated too!) Congrats to you!! Can't wait to find out what you are having!
Denise